Sunday 22 July 2007

Empty Nest

Well, daughter went back this morning ready for Uni tomorrow and son goes back to the city in the morning for the week. Then we are back to our empty nest again. Peace and quiet, but we do miss them.


This cold weather has been getting me down, I just don't seem to be able to warm up. The weather man says the temps are rising so I hope he's right.


I've set my sewing machine up and put the word out to hubby that I'm on a schedule to finish my newest quilt by a deadline. And that deadline is coming up sooner than I like. So when I can't be found, I'll be in the sewing room, sewing madly.


I'm including a picture of a third quilt I started while on Long Service Leave late last year. Now that it's finished I'm donating it to a hospital which distributes quilts to some of the very ill patients.

My fourth and final Long Service Leave quilt is sandwiched and awaiting quilting. But it will have to wait until the deadline quilt is finished. And then there's a Patchwork Bag I'm making for a friend's soon to be newborn. Of course I have a couple other quilts on the go somewhere. Their turn for completion will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment