Sunday 6 April 2008

Keeping Up To Date

I've finally taken the plunge and signed up with bloglines. Toowoomba Quilters posted about this back in February and it's taken me this long to get around to doing it. Now I'm wondering "why did I take so long". I can visit one place and catch up with all the latest blogs and not miss out on anyones. As I'm still only finding my way around this marvel, I'm pretty pleased with myself.

Lisa headed off back to Uni straight after an early lunch today so I'll be like a cat on a hot tin roof until I know she's arrived safely. Tomorrow is her birthday so she got to celebrate a day early but i'm sure her friends will help her celebrate again tomorrow. I thought I would make our famous, no fail, mud cake for dessert but ...... when I looked for eggs, the last one was eaten for breakfast. The kitchen scales are no more so I had to guess the butter. The result was a very rich, brownie type dessert that I served with ice cream and cream. Quite delicious but also quite heavy and a little went a long way.

We've been having very strong winds the last few days and today is overcast as well with a heavy shower before lunch and by the looks of things, more to come. Curling up on the lounge with a good book would be ideal but I have a few other jobs around the house to get done first.

I think I'll just add another couple of favourite blogs first.

1 comment:

  1. Narelle, I was wondering if, with bloglines, you get to see the whole of a person's page, or just the little blog post. I'm always putting extra goodies on my sidebars (I have 4 columns) and I wonder if people get to see them if they subscribe to these kinds of services.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete