Sunday 14 September 2008

Mail Brings Bag and Stash

What a wonderful day Friday was. I got to stay late at the patchwork group as DS was staying in town and didn't need a lift home. It was lovely to catch up with all the ladies and I made good progress on my PIF gifts.

Then to get home and find a parcel in my mailbox all the way from USA. I think I grinned the whole 2km to the house, quickly unpacked the car and opened my parcel.

Inside I found this wonderful and very clever bag from Nancy at "with thread in hand". It has velcro down each side and opens flat to reveal pockets on the inside. Just right for packing all the bits for a project so I can grab it and go or 'take-away' as Nancy said. The fabric is gorgeous and I just love the bag. Thankyou so much Nancy, I'm packing it with a project straight away.


She also sent some other goodies in her parcel. A sweet little keyring that has like a pillowslip back where I might pop a couple of headache tablets for emergency. A beautiful pattern and two fat quarters that will help my stash. Purple has always been a favourite of mine, how did she know? And a newspaper which is a 'guide to Missouri Specialty Shopping and Events'. It's almost cuppa time so I'll be browsing shortly.
A big thankyou to Linda also for organizing this swap. I've thoroughly enjoyed it, just waiting for my parcel to be in ????????'s safe hands.

Wednesday's mail brought me this package of three pretty blues. They'll be going into my stash.



Today I plan to finish the PIF gifts so that I can get them off in the post. Then I have a fabric postcard (In the Pink) to plan and the embroidery wall hanging to baste, quilt and bind before the end of September, not all today though. Also squeeze in end of month bookwork and the log cabin workshop with homework. Phew! I would like to work on a couple of challenge items too. Oh well, that's how it goes.

Quilting Wishes

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Wonderful package! The bag is just too cute & sounds versitile! Beautiful pattern & love the FQ's!
    Nice to get some very pretty blues to add to your collection!
    Sounds like you have a busy month! Can't wait to see pics fo your projects! :)
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new bag Narelle..Yummy Fabric.
    cheers
    maree

    ReplyDelete