Monday 29 December 2008

Quilting Times Ahead

Christmas Day and first on my agenda was my SSCS gift before breakfast. Christmas Wishes and a big thankyou to Cherri, I'm now the proud owner of a LizzyHouse original print. I'll be keeping an eye out for a suitable frame and hanging it in my sewing room to admire. Also a set of Lizzy's Cathedral Cards. To top it off Cherri also included four fat 1/4's of lovely fabric.


A special thankyou to Chookyblue for taking on such a huge task. It was so much fun having a gift under the tree from a new friend.

I was also lucky enough to be gifted a couple of quilting rulers (I've been hinting) and more fat 1/4's from family members.


As promised here is my first finish for Finn's Challenge which is quickly coming to a close. The idea was a wall hanging for me to practice machine quilting, with and without a walking foot, traced and free motion.





As I'm getting more confident at playing around with my blog, I'll be having a face lift for the month of January. I've also decided to tidy my sidebar and start fresh with icons for 2009.

Fingers crossed the building storm clouds will bring some much needed rain this afternoon. So far we've missed out on all the storms going round and the paddocks are desperate for a drink.

Here's to a Happy, Healthy New Year and a wet one for those who need it.

4 comments:

  1. hi narelle,
    having just had a ripper of a storm up here, i've now got my fingers crossed for lots of lovely drizzly ongoing rain for you!
    happy new year,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the quilt and the quilting looks great

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely original print from Cherri....nice cards too.......thanks for being part of the sscs.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Narelle and Happy New Year to you!!!
    Firstly I do have one place left for you in my PIF...thanks and Woohoo!!
    Looking forward to getting to know you....Love your work and your practice quilting is lovely..isn't free motion so fun when you get the hang of it??!! I love it.
    I gotta say also, I love everything that you have in your header...another kindred spirit...Wooohoo!!
    Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.
    Robyn xx

    ReplyDelete