Saturday 16 January 2010

Friday Night Sewing

Thanks to 'Friday Night Sew-In' ... I actually did some sewing last night. Normally I'd think about it and that's all.


I kept working on my King Log Cabin which was looking like the above photo just before Christmas. Then Thursday while good friends were visiting ... the boys went and did boy things and the girls sat sewing. I managed to add the second 'rose fabric' strip to 36 blocks.



Then instead of slacking off Friday Night ... I added the chocolate lattice fabric to all 36 blocks.

Blocks measure 8" x 10" with five more strips to be added to each. Each strip is a stitch closer to my first PhD and eventually an OPAM.
Thankyou Heidi ... I need all the 'gentle push' I can find to keep motivated. Looking forward to seeing how everyone else spent their Friday Night.

4 comments:

  1. That's exactly why we do the Friday Night Sew-in's. Because I too need that little extra push.

    Your blocks are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely job on your block. The fabric is beautiful. Wasn't the Friday Night Sew-In fun??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! My quilt would have sat there for 5 or 6 years and then I would get tired of the project and have given it away. lol

    Oh, you might get a chuckle out of this, as my word verification is partie! So go ahead and celebrate! yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress Narelle! We are all plugging away at things... 8-)

    I got a lot done today! Yay me!

    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete