Sunday 19 August 2012

Snippets of Time

Most evenings I manage a little time to sit and stitch or knit in front of the TV before heading for bed ... it helps to unwind. This month's TTS block is finished - 'Partridge in a Pear Tree'.


2 more blocks to go :)  A little knitting is also going on for this months 1 Xmas Item plus I've already traced a stitchery to start on perhaps next months Xmas Item.

I did manage a day at the sewing machine last week while recovering from a nasty tummy bug. All the centre blocks are joined and I have all the pieces for the first border sewn ready to work out placement and attach to the centre.


The bottom left colours are more true. As it's a secret project for DH I can't get it out to sew until the coast is clear so not sure when the next step will happen.

Spring might be just around the corner but Winter is flexing it's muscles today .....  brrrrrr!

6 comments:

  1. well done Narelle.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great TIS block again, ooh so close to finishing :) That is a gorgeous looking quilt! And yep it is freeeeezing today, bring on spring sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely little tts block, you are on the home run now.
    Love your star quilt, such pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty little block! Your secret project is striking! I love the secondary pattern the light strips are making too!
    I have my 1XMAS project done and posted for August, as I leave for a trip tomorrow. My July project was posted late due to computer problems, but I guess you can count it as August too. It's been so miserably hot I am SO looking forward to Autumn this year!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to read your blog! Here in Sweden we are having late summer and it is very warm. I like that!
    Gun, Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Narelle, both projects!
    Hope you are feeling better now.
    Almost forgot: congratulations to the happy couple below!

    ReplyDelete