Friday 20 October 2017

FNSI After a Wet Week

Wow, what a deluge!  Here on the Queeensland coast our parched lands have been once again flooded...seems we just keep bouncing from floods to drought and back to floods. We received 8 inches of beautiful rain which has filled the dams and tanks as well as boosted the brown dry grasses back to a healthy looking green. Areas closer to the coast received over 20 inches.


Nothing like good rain to bring forth new growth.



Of course that much water has run the creeks and rivers and we're once again locked in by flooded roads ... good thing I have several projects on the go to keep me busy. In fact I have managed to finish my October list ...




So as it is FNSI time with Wendy and friends, I have dug out a ball of cotton and knitting needles ...

I'm in desperate need of a new dishcloth for myself.
Happy Friday

6 comments:

  1. Lovely that you are getting good rain but not good about the flooding. Your projects are lovely. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg that is so much rain...... Full all your dams and make the grasses grow for sure.. Looks nice and lush

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh--yes I do need to do the same thing--knit another new dishcloth--mine are quite small that I knit--I have small hands so that is why I knit them--
    good to see alot of rain for you over there though--
    enjoy the moments, di

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got so much rain!! How wonderful! Hmm... it is FNSI and I am actually in and about to do some sewing... amazing! Well done with finishing your list! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness you have certainly been washed clean and more up there. Love all your stitching. How cute is that envelope xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some cute stitching happening at your place. Love those knitted dishcloths. They last forever.

    ReplyDelete