Monday 2 February 2009

Tennis, Cricket and McLeod's Daughters

What do you think these three things could have in common? My hand stitching progress of course. I've never been a big tennis or cricket fan but this year I'm enjoying watching both which is tricky when you have the men's tennis singles finals on one channel and a close cricket match on the other.

I did a lot of switching between channels while watching the tennis and cricket last night. Saturday night was tennis and then McLeods. I also made good progress on the log cabin quilt. I've now done the hand stitching part of joining the blocks so that they are in four strips of four blocks. Just three x 56" long seams to go and then the binding. I'm a slow hand stitcher so I'm really happy with my progress. I'd share a photo of the strips but I think my camera just passed on.

Off to town today which includes a visit to the local fabric shop. I need backing and wadding for the T-block quilt and also some backing for my nephew's quilt which is due by the 13th of this month and where is it . . . still in the UFO pile. I see a busy busy week ahead as it's also GST (Goods and Services Tax) time for this little procrastinator.

Happy Sewing

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I missed the last episode of McLeods. Why on earth they shifted it to that time-slot. The tennis has been good, but I am suffering from too many late nights now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog! Must have a good look around!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete