Thursday 31 October 2013

Breakfast on the Hop

We've been trying to keep a strip of green grass around our home. Not only does it make the hot dry weather a little more bearable, but it's a buffer in case of fire.

This family plucked up their courage and decided to dine out yesterday morning on our green grass. I snuck out onto our verandah with camera poised ready.



They're not the only ones taking advantage ... a pair of hares have been spotted and also several wild ducks. As evident by the quantity of deposits (droppings) left around the ground, this is not their first visit either ... oh well.
>^..^<

7 comments:

  1. You probably will not have the green grass for long with all those visitors

    ReplyDelete
  2. so lovely being able to enjoy the wild life Narelle.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why they make a run for your little patch of green. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  4. They must feel very welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your wild life.the first time we visited our daughter we saw Kangaroos and koala's ,and I cried on both occasions.
    When I saw a parrot I was gob smacked.We get sparrows and magpies.Oh and the occasional robin.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss all the wildlife! Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice of you to grow some crops for the native wildlife!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete