Tuesday 31 May 2022

Weekend Fun Times


Squeezed a lot into this weekend and had a very enjoyable time with the added bonus of SUNSHINE! Yes ... after a couple of weeks of lovely rain but mostly cloudy, showery, forget about washing days, it was so lovely to have a beautiful sunshine weekend.


My morning started off by zooming up to the craftavan for a catchup with Chooky and friends. I began on my Churn Dash blocks the previous Monday at our patchwork group and continued with those for an hour or so.

Then once the grandsons arrived I had to head for the kitchen and prepare some smoko (chocolate brownies) for my hard working green team. The remainder of Saturday was busy busy.


After a sleepover, the boys and I headed in to the local show on Sunday for some family fun. Grandson J likes to put the pedal to the metal.


Grandson M and I settled for a more sedate ride, or so I thought. Those spinning teacups can catch you unawares. We also bumped our way around the dodgem car track later. Home time, the boys headed of with mum and dad and I made my weary way home for a rest.


Yesterday and today I managed a little more time in the craftavan and am happy to share my first 8 blocks for Chooky's Churn Dash SAL. Funny thing ... I went through my stash choosing fabrics I wasn't really liking ... and now I find them quite pretty.

Now onto those fabrics I had been gathering and cutting in my previous post.


6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great weekend. Your churn dash blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh your did so well and you have your blocks done..........they look good......lovely to see you on zoom on Saturday even if it was only a short time........

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun with the boys and your churn dashes look great.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun time with the grandies are always great.... good progress on the churn dash blocks....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute grands! Happy churn dash blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your churn dash blocks look fabulous, I love the fabrics you chose!
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete