Monday 18 March 2024

Challenge #4 Progressing

Big thank you to Deana and Chooky for this Challenge.  It's been just what I needed to quick into gear and move some projects along.

No power Saturday was a bit of a drag so I did some crochet on #2 and am about to 'turn the corner' with it. After lunch I grabbed out a square of fabric and some strips and prepped to make a practice block for 'Strip Insertion' ... just to make sure I could still do it.  Power back and block complete.

Then Sunday I was out in the van, completed blocks 9 - 12 and then put blocks 1 - 12 together ... now to work on the last 4 blocks basically from scratch.

It's supposed to have a border of the main fabric but finding that will be pretty much impossible ... I will have to come up with an alternative.

Sadly I missed out on some lovely Zoom time Saturday ... no power = no internet and very limited phone service ... boil the kettle and fill the flask so there was coffee, snacks and crafting.

Busy week this week with work and town but I'm looking forward to another finished flimsy ... have a great week.

6 comments:

  1. Love this quilt so much! I am sure you will find a border that works great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, despite the power issue you are going great guns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top is looking stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to power outage. We have many, and for us no power no water.
    Youe #4 is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was no stopping you once the power was back on. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that quilt looks great............glad the challenge is helping............

    ReplyDelete