Thursday 5 September 2024

Not Sew Happy Houses

 I may have been MIA in August but I did manage to keep plodding along on a few different projects.

The first is my DD's Wedding Quilt which was Challenge #1 - Made it to the quilters. I've since picked it up and just tonight put the final stitch in the binding and label ready to gift to her tomorrow.

Grandson F has been having a little holiday and came to patchwork with me on Monday. I spent more time threading his needle than mine but for 4 yes old he was a little trooper.

Challenge #3 Happy Houses - Sadly I couldn't for the life of me find the blocks, the photo was from way back when. So instead I got sewing on the 2 piles of blocks that have been sitting around for a while in the craftavan. 

After what seems like miles of seams, I have the blocks joined on the backs into rows. It's a QAYG for my King Bed and will be 110" square.


Front design ...

All fabrics have been pulled from my stash so the back is scrappy ... I'm think I nearly like the back better ...

OK, so Challenge #7 - Scrappy Quilt
Since making my list I have completed the scrappy Quilt to a finished top ... however I've been making some scrappy flower pots and would like to Quilt and bind into a finished wall hanging.


Still crocheting while the weather is cool and found this cool pattern called Granny Ripple. I had wool left over from another BHG kit and only needed to purchase the pinky colour ... yay for more stash busting.


I've put the Ripple aside for now so I can finish the Granny Square Rug. Need to get a wriggle on before the weather turns ... we've already had a peak into summer.

Time to catch a few ZZZzzzz before another busy day with Grandson F. We've been busy gardening, baking and lots and lots of play.


3 comments:

  1. A beautiful quilt for your daughter.
    The scrappy quilt you worked on looks great.
    Lovely ripple blanket and granny squares you’re working on.
    Enjoy having your grandson.
    Maria. Lifeontheblock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice finish on your daughters quilt. I like both side of your QAYG and good to have a reversible quilt! Pretty flower pots. Have fun with your grandson. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have been really busy. Great quilt and blocks.

    ReplyDelete