Sunday 7 November 2010

SAHRobin Round 5

Sunday today and I've been on a bit of a go slow ... enjoying the break from the hustle and bustle.

I did bring out the cutting mat, cutter, rulers and two clear shoeboxes of fabric bits and pieces ... put my thinking cap on ... and came up with the next step for the SAHRobin.


Step 5 asked us to add a 4"x6" piece and a 4"x7" piece to the top of our blocks creating a 4"x13" piece addition. It takes me longer to think about what to do and choose the fabrics than it does to sew them up.

The blue one below is a little different. I wanted to use two 4"x4" blocks so the checkers had to be 4"x5".

I'm really enjoying the challenge and love how the two blocks are following their own direction. If you'd like to see more wonderful creations by other quilters, Kate has a blog just for Stay-at-Home Robin.
.

9 comments:

  1. Love how both of them are looking

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello narelle
    thank you for your very nice and sweet pincushion. I have some problems with my computer.
    Groetjes
    nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I love it .... looking good Narelle :o)
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great how you have varied the two blocks. They both look really great. I don't think I can pick a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tis looking good and reminds me that I have one half one.
    Like a lot of things around here...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours you have chosen for both blocks are wonderful. Its going to be really interesting watching these grow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whar a lovely blocks and you have chosen nice fabric and colours. Tey will make a wonderful quilt!
    Greetings, Cisca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good! Both are so nice and so different.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your SAHR ptojects are looking great Narelle! 8-)

    ReplyDelete