Sunday 21 September 2014

Not One But Two

Yesterday when I headed off to set up my sewing machine I also had to bring old faithful out of retirement. I've been sewing lately on a 'new to me' little machine that my mum found at a garage sale as 'old faithful' was over 20 years old and the motor was on it's last. Remember these?


Not only could I not find the buttons for them ... I could not for the life of me get the buttonhole to work on my little machine ... hence old faithful had to come out yesterday and after 4 buttonholes ...


My third (and second) set of hand towels are complete.  I'm linking up with Anthea for CTTY where I was a lucky winner last month, and they will also appear on the 1 Xmas Item Blog. Great feeling to have a finish and something for the Christmas gift box.

Another lovely night of stitching last night. I managed to finish the blanket stitching around the word 'Little' while listening to some lovely rain on the roof. Measured 1 mm in the gauge this morning but the clouds are still looking promising today.  Time to get back to that sewing machine and perhaps some border preparation for LMF.

Just a quick (funny) clarification. By 'meals on wheels' in yesterdays post, I was meaning that the cows' meals arrive by tractor ... I wouldn't use the word 'meals' about or definitely not in front of the cows :o)

Happy Sunday     >^..^<

14 comments:

  1. well done on your finishes for the christmas box.
    hope there is more rain falling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... I didn't think of that about the meals and the cows!!!!! oh no very unPC..... lucky you kept old faithful.... I can't believe only 1 ml.. that's like teasing you!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. May the rain gods shed tears over your place again... xx
    And of course you meant hubby was "doing" meals on wheels... for the 4 legged versions... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely gifts. I have been a naughty elf these last couple of months! So many clients quilts to do before Christmas! Lovely to see what everyone else has been making though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely hand towels. So glad you are getting some rain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Narelle,lol,i love your new towel sets Narelle,well done my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely hand towels Narelle. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice towel! And such a great job. My machine is out of commission thanks to my sister in law and it would cost too much to fix. I would love to make some of these. Take care and have a great afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes the old machines are the best!
    The tea towels are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely towels there Narelle, thanks for linking them to ctty...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely towel sets great to hear you are having some rain !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, it never occurred to me to think of 'meals' that way! Such lucky workers to get their meals delivered :) May you have gotten some of the lovely rain that arrived here last night!
    See there is always justification for more than one sewing machine, lol. Your sets of completed hand towels are wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete