Saturday 22 September 2007

Smell the Roses



I had arrived home after dark three days in a row this week. On the fourth morning, my stay at home day, I had a lovely surprise when I went out to let the chickens out. Most of my roses had blooms to share. And the fragances are amazing. Just thought I'd share my delight with you.
I'm supposed to be completing a bag for a gift so this will be a short but fragrant blog.
'Peter Frankenfeld' is proving to be nice purchase.
'King's Ransom' is also shaping up to be good bloomer.
This is 'Just Joey's' first bloom, approximately 15cm or 6" diameter and lovely apricot colour.
And this is the 'Peace' rose with tints of lemon and pale pink.

And then a quick check of my favourite blogs to keep in touch with the wonderful ladies whom I'm so glad to have found. I love catching up with their lives and being inspired by their beautiful quilts and ideas. I am totaly amazed that I can be sitting here in my home sweet home in Australia while regulary visiting places in America, UK, Canada and NZ to name a few.

Now back to the sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment