Tuesday 9 September 2008

Stash Building Part 1

A few posts ago I mentioned that I was very keen to make Bonnie's mystery quilt 'Old Tobacco Road' but I had to change plans. My stash isn't really a stash, and about the same time I signed up to do a quilt-as-you-go log cabin workshop which I need to go shopping for so perhaps another time.

So now thanks to the wonderful Jane at five minutes of fame who had a giveaway, I have some rich christmas squares to create, I'm thinking, a wall hanging. Time to get out some magazines, a cuppa and get some ideas.


Also I've been browsing ebay and found these bright, cheery squares to make an I Spy quilt but I didn't stop there. I have three more packs coming my way as well. I also won a couple of lots with half metre pieces to help start building a stash and to go towards the log cabin.



So I have plenty to get on with for the moment, especially with finishing my four WIP projects by New Years Eve. I have made a little progress with two so far.

I leave you with a photo of 'King's Ransom' in my garden.

Quilting Wishes

2 comments:

  1. hope you are coming along on Friday with some suggestions for our annual shopping spree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Norcelle, welcome aboard for our UFOs challenge!! Sorry it took me this long to get back to you. I have been worrying that I might have missed someone who signed up a bit later...and I did....so very sorry.
    Your August 31st definitely counts, and it's gorgeous! Love those colors, strange I don't work with them, but I love them when I see a quilt made with them.
    I've got you down for 4. Big hugs, Finn

    ReplyDelete