Wednesday 24 October 2012

Sew While the Wind Blows

raindrop.org
 
 
Wind, wind go away,
Or I'll stay indoors
And sew all day.
 
Sooo ... that's what I did!  First I finished off some signature blocks and trimmed others. Then 'Tis The Season' become a finished top.  After an unscheduled stop at a fabric shop where I found some fabric for the border, I got busy this morning and it's now ready for quilting.
 
 
Next, out from hiding came 'Ribbon Stars' quilt, a surprise for hubby.  The borders of 4" squares were already made and just needed pressing and attaching. With a quick lunch break inbetween, the top was finished and is also now ready for quilting.
 
 
I did manage to squeeze in the usual household chores like dishes, washing etc. Of course the washing was dry in no time flat with all that wind so there's even been a little "real" ironing as opposed to pressing seams.
 
Tomorrow will be the 25th here ... do you have a Christmas Item to share this month?  I'll pop back tomorrow to share mine.


5 comments:

  1. wow Narelle i love these quilts especially the last one,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautiful tops. Looking good for a Christmas finish for TTS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both quilts are beautiful, but "Ribbon Stars" is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You go girl! Both are lovely quilts and I think the border on hubby's makes it really pop! A great days sewing :)
    I'm still 'tortoise' binding :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Golly Narelle, maybe the wind should blowily-blow more regularly, your Tis top looks fabulous, the borders look so great. And Ribbon Stars is just lovely, so much movement with those colours.

    ReplyDelete