Friday 26 April 2013

Unders and Overs

Thankyou so much for all your lovely comments on my last Scrappy Sunday post. I love reading them and prefer to respond to each but alas time got the better of me.

I'm snowed under and overwhelmed by how much time it takes to achieve very little these days. I wake up, get through the day and go to bed so I can do it all over again tomorrow. Nothing special ... just everyday stuff and work and driving about to get there and back ... just life. My tiny little bit of stitching has been for 1 Xmas Item A Month and I didn't even make my own deadline. Never mind because I'm not. Like the Seasons I'm sure it will come round again when I can find some time to sew.
Here is the letter 'I' and 'S' for my Christmas Swag.

 
I'm slipping into my jingle bell slippers so that I can come visit all the other sewing workshops to see what has been created this month. Please leave your comment here or flick me a pic in an email so that I don't miss anyone. Hope you've been able to achieve atleast a little something to pop away ready for Christmas.
 
I'm not stressing as I've had a lovely April with all that has been going on.  Easter ... our 26th Wedding Anniversary ... Son's Wedding ... Daughter's Birthday ... local Show ... visit from lovely friends ... Anzac Day and a morning tea for Grandmother's 96th Birthday. Sunday I'm off with the gorgeous patchwork girls to a Quilt Exhibition.
 
One mail day last week I received 2 parcels. One I knew I had ordered and the other I couldn't think of a reason for it's arrival until I opened to such a wonderful surprise which really made my day. Thankyou so much to Joy for a very special parcel of goodies that I will have lots of fun creating with.
 
My new kitty addition has been feeling left out so I took him for a stroll outside and snapped him peering through a tuft of grass. He was a birthday gift from Mum and Dad and watches my every move.
 
Happy Sewing and enjoy some me time today if you can.
 
>^..^<

18 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. The last 6 weeks have been very busy for me as well. I am going to post shortly about my very tiny finish(last night) for 1 Xmas Item a Month. Love the swag stitchery. Hugs.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. having so much on the past weeks doesn't help with things. Hopefully you will get some sewing time soon.
    Love your little reindeer, they are coming along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am right there with you in Over and Under land, nice to know someone else visits there too. Thanks for the reminder to just let it be :) I love the 'I', that reindeer is so cute :) I do believe I may have heard a faint jingling this morning, it must have been you- must get me some of those slippers- they sound FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life just gets in the way sometimes!
    You are doing good. One more stitch is one you didn't have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have had a very busy April, lovely stitching x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time this year seems to be out of control... just gone.... your stitcheries are lovely... it won't be long till you are up this way... fun, fun...
    I have twinned my one item with my SAL project this month....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely gift from Joy... I got one too today... so sweet of her...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. No police here saying we have to achieve whatever each month. It has to be fun and to be fun we need to not stress ourselves. I just love your new kitty. So gorgeous. I also received a gorgeous little parcel from Joy - such a lovely thought from her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new little kitty cat and it does indeed sound like you have had a very busy April.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Life does get hectic and sometimes it seems we get nowhere, and get overwhelmed with what has to be done. But somehow or other we get there in the end. Loving your stitcheries and will be great to see all finished

    ReplyDelete
  11. At least you did some stitching. I do not know where april went, I must have missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been having a busy time, but lots of happy memories made. And as you say, a little stitching is better than none. Hoe you find some extra spare moments in May.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are a very busy lady and love your banner blocks,cute tin cat.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your letters and your gifts look lovely too. Hope this busy time passes for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on surviving the last month. You had some very special events to celebrate and then to have that awful bug visit. Your stitcheries are are lovely and really capture the feel of Christmas.
    I am late with my contribution but I was determined to participate this month.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a little late but I added my April item...
    Hope life slows a little for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your letters look great Narelle. Love the Kitty. He's so cute. Bit last with my posting but 1 xmas item has now been posted. :) Hugs,xx.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Life just takes over sometimes dosnt it.
    The stitching is lovely.xx

    ReplyDelete