Wednesday 25 November 2020

Still Here and Sewing

 I've been fortunate enough to squeeze in a few extra sewing hours this last week (add in a couple late nights) and have managed not 1 but 2 completed tops.  The first is "Mother Goose" by Kookaburra Cottage, a quilt for grandson no. 4 who will be turning 1 in early January so I've been pushing to get this one done and off to a quilter.

Next I only needed the borders added to "A Merry Christmas Garden" after finishing block 6 and joining them together. This one goes into my stash awaiting quilting ... maybe 2021 will be my quilting year.

So today instead of making a start on a wall hanging for a Christmas Swap, I pulled out the fabrics for November block of the Murder Mystery Quilt and hey presto ... a pyramid.

Looking back I haven't shared a photo of the finished beetles for September or October's borders.


Just one more block to bring this mystery to an end. Of course I couldn't help myself and had to sign up for next year's Murder Mystery in the Caribbean.

10 comments:

  1. Well done on both flimsy finishes...I’m sure your GS4 will love his Mother Goose quilt.
    Great to have caught up with your blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW... you've been sewing up a storm.
    I Love both flimsy & I'm intrigued by the Mystery quilt. EnJoY xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on your finishes . Your murder mystery quilt looks very interesting love the scarab beetles!
    Look forward t9 seeing them all together

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful finishes Narelle. Hmmm Scarab beetles....tad Egyptian maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love both of those flimsy's... well done on gorgeous tops and I like that mystery one... your colours are so great...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of lovely things happening your sewing room. That sounds an interesting new mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great flimsy's :) Merry Christmas Garden is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilts look great Narelle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt tops look great, Narelle. xx

    ReplyDelete